Shock and aww
Posted November 10, 2016on:
The run-up to the 2016 US Presidential Election was fodder for news and entertainment groups. Now even creatures living under rocks know Trump won. The result of how and why this happened, and what the future might bring will be fodder part 2.
The first three articles I read in my RSS feed shortly after the election result encapsulates the weeks and months to come.
- Wired’s Donald Trump Becomes the 45th President of the United States
- TechCrunch’s With Trump’s win Silicon Valley investors start losing their damn minds
- CNET’s Donald Trump win hailed, assailed and ribbed on social media
These represented the factual, the indignant, the funny, and the profound. My own reaction to this was simple:
We live in a hyper-connected world now. What happens across the pond sends ripples to our shores.
2016 might just go down in history as a year in infamy. Perhaps a lot will change. Perhaps little or nothing will. Instead of making predictions, I ask open questions.
- How did the wisdom of the crowd descend to the madness of a mob?
- Why is voting on a work day still a thing? (See video below.)
- Will the world’s police police one of its own?
- What will we learn from this?