#edsg is three!
Posted February 23, 2015on:
This announcement is about a week late, but better late than never!
We were formed the year before, but we did not document it or tie it to a particular event. I guess you could say that we got our birth certificate a bit late. That might explain why we look a bit older than we claim!
Here is some of its motley crew in a more recent photo.
#edsg broke the sequence of forming, storming, and norming. It was formed online and was normed offline with tweetups. But we are still storming like any modern community. Membership is loose and not worn like a badge. It is utilitarian.
Not many of such online communities can say they have a staying power of three years. But like practically all communities that persist, we do so thanks to a core group.
We do not yet know what we will become when we grow up, but that does not matter. We have a lot more exploring and learning to do.
As we look forward, it is important to look back so that we do not walk into the mistakes of the past. Here is a selection of my musings on #edsg:
- A special #edsg project in 2015 (Jan 2015)
- Types of Twitter spam in #edsg (Nov 2014)
- Why don’t some teachers use Twitter? (Sep 2014)
- Why Twitter beats Facebook in PLNs (Sep 2014)
- Tossing ideas into #edsg (Aug 2014)
- An appeal to #edsg lurkers (Jun 2014)
- Responses driven by ignorance and fear (Jun 2014)
- Help me to help others, #edsg (May 2014)
- Suggestions for #edsg (Jan 2013)
- Developing my Twidentity selfishly! (Mar 2012)
- Twitter tips for professional development (Jun 2011, not a premonition, just an indication that we were around “unofficially” before 2012)
If you are not a member of #edsg, join us!
If you are, pour yourself a drink, pat yourself on your back, and toast to the good health of #edsg. Yam seng! Now get off your butt and share something with #edsg!