Identifying recurrent issues
Posted August 4, 2008on:
I love reading my teacher trainees’ blogs because it allows me to see what their concerns are as they relate to the ICT course. They raise several excellent issues and questions that, unfortunately, the course is not designed to address directly.
So here are some of areas that I have identified from this and previous semesters.
- How do I use ICT to motivate my students?
- How might ICT promote creative and/or critical thinking?
- Does using technology actually improve learning outcomes?
- If the assessment systems (currently mostly paper and pen-based) do not change, can using ICT in innovative ways make a difference?
- If students, particularly the poorer ones, do not have access to ICT, how can we be expected to implement technology-based lessons?
- Can the things I learn in this course be realistically applied in real school environments?
These are recurrent and real issues. I am sure that I have inadvertently left out a few more. Care to comment and remind me?
I will attempt to share some of my thoughts on these issues over the next few weeks.